PROJECT OF A BULK TERMINAL FOR LARGE SHIPS ON THE ATLANTIC COAST OF THE PROVINCE OF BUENOS AIRES
This study was based on the original Project executed by EIH SA in 1990. Terminal type “Port Off-shore Without Shelter”, with natural access, without dredging requirement; Viaduct on stilts, length 1,800 m; Berth for ships up to 100,000 DWT
- Allowable draft: 55 feet.
- Load capacity: 2,000 / 3,000 tons / h
- Projected annual load: 2,000,000 tons.
- Probable maximum annual load: 4,000,000 tons.
- Ship maneuvers: with or without tug to enter, without tug to exit.
- Loading system: direct or from silos.
- Grain storage capacity: 105,000 tons
The main activities include:
- Studies of Hydraulic and Coastal Engineering.
- Field Surveys: geophysical research and drilling in land and water, bathymetry, topography, measurements of currents, waves, winds and tides.
- Maritime Hydraulics
- Terrestrial and Maritime Works Project for the Terminal
Feasibility study: hinterland, market, cargo projection, port costs and financial economic analysis of the project